Friday, July 19, 2013

Sci Girls I Day Five

Wow!  It is Friday already.  Today we had the chance to dig and find old fossils at the Rock Quarry in Attapulgus Georgia.  Some of the girls were really successful and uncovered manatee bones, sharks teeth, and various shells that have been hidden for hundreds of years.  The morning was rather warm as we dug into the heart of the earth, but the excitement of the chance to cool off in the natural springs of the Wakulla River Basin made the time pass oh so quickly.  The girls conducted nitrate, clarity, and ph testing before diving in for a refreshing afternoon swim.  We finished off the first week of Sci Girls I with an informative boat tour where we saw anhingas, blue herons, and alligators.  We spotted a couple of manatees from a distance but saw this as a fitting end to a great first week.  Get ready as Sci Girls I rolls into week 2.  Sci Girls Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Science Blogs